- 2018– present: Doctor of Philosophy (student) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacoepidemiology Track, University of Florida College of Pharmacy,USA, Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy
- Master of Public Health – Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (2017)
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy (2014)
Entry Date into the POP Ph.D. program: Fall, 2018
- My research has been focused on infectious diseases (e.g., respiratory tract infections) and quinolone antibiotics. I am also interested in cancer prevention or therapies.
- Research Contractor at Merck & Co., Inc., (PIs AG Winterstein and K Diaby)
- Data Analyst (Intern) at Sanofi
- Medical Representative at Sanofi
- The Grinter Award, University of Florida, College of Pharmacy (2018–2021)
- International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology Scholarship (2019–2020)
- Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) Fellowship, US Federal Government Agency (2016–2017)
- The John C. Hume Fund for Academic Excellence and Promise, Johns Hopkins University (2016–2017)
- The Y.C. Yang Student Scholarship, Johns Hopkins University (2016–2017)
- Tran PT, Antonelli PJ, Hincapie-Castillo JM, Winterstein AG. Association of US Food and Drug Administration Removal of Indications for Use of Oral Quinolones With Prescribing Trends. JAMA Intern Med. 2021;181(6):808–816.
- Tran PT, Slayton WB, Dalal M, Brown J. Incidence and Risk Factors for 30-Day Readmission after Inpatient Chemotherapy among Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Patients. Healthcare (Basel). 2020;8(4).
- Tran PT, Diaby V. Letter to the editor: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Adjuvant Neratinib Following Trastuzumab in Early-Stage HER2-Positive Breast Cancer. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2020;26(2):221.
- Tran P, Winterstein A, Wang X, Rhew K, Antonelli P. Appropriateness of Otic Quinolone Use among Privately Insured US Patients. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2020;162(1):102-107.
- Tran PT, Meeker AK, Platz EA. Association between statin drug use and peripheral blood leukocyte telomere length in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2002: a cross-sectional study. Ann Epidemiol. 2018;28(8):529-534.