The goal of this program is to prepare pharmacists for a career in healthcare quality improvement, medication safety, and population health by providing the opportunity to gain important skills and knowledge in this area. Within the program, the fellow will focus on medication safety, quality, and pharmacy regulation in Year 1 and population health and quality improvement in Year 2.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the application materials listed below to POPpharmDfellow@cop.ufl.edu by December 21, 2020:
- Personal Statement (In two pages or less, describe your background, interest and experience in Healthcare Quality, Medication Safety, and Population Health, and your career goals)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation (sent to the above email address)
The fellowship is 2 years in length, beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2023.
Number of Fellows
1 new fellow each year (2 total positions)
Opportunities for Professional Development
- Interpret literature in medication safety and healthcare quality.
- Lead Clinical Safety and the Quality and Safety committees.
- Provide vital medication information and safety perspectives to clinical personnel.
- Oversee medication use at UF Health outpatient practices alongside licensed consultant pharmacist.
- Develop an understanding of data science and programming to conduct outcomes research.
- Evaluate and conduct of quality improvement projects.
- Assess billing and electronic health record data to evaluate for quality improvement purposes.
- Complete a Teaching Certificate from the University of Florida.
- Complete Certificate in one of the following programs: Applied Pharmacoeconomics, Pharmaceutical Regulation, Managed Care Pharmacy Systems, or Patient Safety in Medication Use (with the option of an M.S. degree over 2 years).
- Serve a Teaching Assistant and lead topic discussions in the PharmD curricula.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited institution
- Florida Pharmacist license in good standing; or eligibility for such licensure
Scott Martin Vouri, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BCGP, joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy as a Clinical Assistant Professor in 2018. Dr. Vouri also serves as the Assistant Director of Pharmacy Services with the University of Florida Health Physicians.
Rachel Reise, Pharm.D.
- Healthcare Quality, Medication Safety, and Population Health Post-Doctoral Fellow
- UF Health Physicians|University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy
- Phone:(352)265-8309 ext. 57242|Cell:(303)870-1066
- Email: email@example.com
Current and Past Fellows
|2018-2020||Silken Usmani||Assistant Scientist, University of Florida|
|2015-2017||Jessica Gonzalez||Poison Information Specialist at Atrium Health; Quality Improvement & Medication Safety Pharmacist|
|2013-2015||Omjoy Ganesh||Manager of Clinical Risk at UF Health Shands|
|2012-2013||Katherine Cich||Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist at Orlando VA Medical Center|
|2010-2012||Carolyn Smith||Medication Safety Officer at Department of Veterans Affairs|