- 2008-2012 B.S. in Nursing at Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
- 2012-2014 Graduate Certificate in Pathogen Biology at Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- 2014-2016 MPH in Epidemiology at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2018- Ph.D. Student in Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Entry Date into the POP Ph.D. program: Fall, 2018
- My research interest is substance use with a focus on the intersection of pharmacoepidemiology and women’s health. The primary focus of my research is to examine the use patterns of buprenorphine among pregnant women.
- Addiction Health Services Research Conference 2020 – October 2020
- ICPE All Access – September 2020
- Annual Research Showcase, UF College of Pharmacy-2020
- Outstanding Research Award at the 2015 PHHP Research Day, University of Florida
- Shen Y, Varma DS, Zheng Y, Boc J, Hu H. Age at menarche and depression: results from the NHANES 2005–2016. PeerJ. 2019 Jun 13;7:e7150.
- Shen Y, Lo-Ciganic WH, Segal R, Goodin AJ. Prevalence of substance use disorder and psychiatric comorbidity burden among pregnant women with opioid use disorder in a large administrative database, 2009–2014. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2020 Feb 17:1-7.
- Shen Y, Xiao H, Hu H. Racial/Ethnic Differences in Age at Menarche and Lifetime Nonmedical Marijuana Use: Results from the NHANES 2005–2016. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities. 2020 Jun 17:1-6.
- Shen Y, Bhagwandass H, Branchcomb T, Galvez SA, Grande I, Lessing J, Mollanazar M, Ourhaan N, Oueini R, Sasser M, Valdes IL. Chronic Opioid Therapy: A Scoping Literature Review on Evolving Clinical and Scientific Definitions. The Journal of Pain. 2020 Oct 6.
- Jugl S, Okpeku A, Costales B, Morris EJ, Alipour-Haris G, Hincapie-Castillo JM, Stetten NE, Sajdeya R, Keshwani S, Joseph V, Zhang Y, Shen Y. A Mapping Literature Review of Medical Cannabis Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Evidence in Approved Conditions in the USA from 2016 to 2019. Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids. 2021:1-22.