- B.S. Pharmacy, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India
M.S. Pharmacy Administration, St. John’s University, New York, United States
Entry Date into the POP Ph.D. program: Fall, 2019
- Pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, UF College of Pharmacy, 2019-Present
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy, UF College of Public Health 2017-2019
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Pharmacy Administration, St. John’s University, 2015-2017
- Graduate Student Assistantship, University of Florida, 2017-Present
- Graduate Student Assistantship, St. John’s University, 2015-2017
- International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE)
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
- Desai, R., Jo, A. & Marlow, N. M. Risk of medication non-adherence among Medicaid enrollees with fibromyalgia: Development of a validated risk prediction tool. Pain Pract. Off. J. World Inst. Pain (2018). doi:10.1111/papr.12743.
- Desai, R. & Nayak, R. Effects of Medication Nonadherence and Comorbidity on Health Resource Utilization in Schizophrenia. Manag. Care Spec. Pharm. 25, 37–46 (2019).
- Desai, R. & Sonawane, K. Depression treatment use among stroke individuals with depression: A cross-sectional analysis of the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. Soc. Adm. Pharm. RSAP (2018). doi:10.1016/j.sapharm.2018.11.009
- Desai, R., Hong, Y. R. & Huo, J. Utilization of pain medications and its effect on quality of life, health care utilization and associated costs in individuals with chronic back pain. Journal of Pain Research (2019). doi:10.2147/JPR.S18714
- Huo, J., Desai, R.,Hong, YR., Turner, K., Mainous, AG, Bian, J. Use of Social Media in Health Communication: Findings From the Health Information National Trends Survey 2013, 2014, and 2017. Cancer Control 26, 1073274819841442 (2019).
- Desai, R., Camacho, F., Tan, X., LeBaron, V., Blackhall, L., & Balkrishnan, R. (2019). Mental Health Comorbidities and Elevated Risk of Opioid Use in Elderly Breast Cancer Survivors Using Adjuvant Endocrine Treatments. Journal of Oncology Practice, JOP1800781. https://doi.org/10.1200/JOP.18.00781
- Renfro, C. P., Turner, K., Desai, R., Counts, J., Shea, C. M., & Ferreri, S. P. (2019). Implementation process for comprehensive medication review in the community pharmacy setting. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2019.07.007
- Hong, YR., Huo, JH., Desai, R., Cardel, M., Deshmukh, AA. Excess Costs and Economic Burden of Obesity-Associated Cancers in the United States. Value in Health(2019). doi:10.1016/j.jval.2019.07.004