- M.P.H., Epidemiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas, United States, 2020
- B.S.Pharm., Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Nepal, 2015
Entry Date into the POP Ph.D. program: Fall 2020
- Research interests include pharmacoepidemiology, drug utilization, and comparative effectiveness. I am interested in cognitive impairment among older adults and would like to explore intersectional ties with pharmacoepidemiology and infectious diseases.
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Outcomes and Policy, Gainesville, Florida. August 2020-Present
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of North Texas Health Science Center School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Fort Worth, Texas. December 2019-June 2020
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacotherapy, Fort Worth, Texas. May 2019-November 2019
- Graduate Student Intern, University of North Texas Health Science Center School of Public Health, Fort Worth, Texas. May 2019-April 2020
- Clinical Research Scientist, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Nepal, Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal. July 2016-July 2018
- Public Engagement Seed Award, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, March 2017.
- Dean’s Excellence Award, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 2020.
- Shrestha, N., Shad, M. Y., Ulvi, O., Khan, M. H., Karamehic-Muratovic, A., Nguyen, U. S. D., … & Nahiduzzaman, K. M. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on globalization. One Health, 100180.
- Giri, A., Karkey, A., Dangol, S., Arjyal, A., ……….., Shrestha, N., Thapa, R. K., Poudyal, B., Phuong, D. N. T., Baker, S., Kestelyn, E., Geskus, R., Thwaites, G., Basnyat, B. (2020). Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (SXT) versus azithromycin for the treatment of undifferentiated febrile illness in Nepal: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Rahman, M. S., Peeri, N. C., Shrestha, N., Zaki, R., Haque, U., & Ab Hamid, S. H. (2020). Defending against the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak: How Can the Internet of Things (IoT) help to save the World? Health Policy and Technology.
- Peeri, N. C., Shrestha, N., Rahman, M. S., Zaki, R., Tan, Z., Bibi, S., … & Haque, U. (2020). The SARS, MERS, and novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemics, the newest and biggest global health threats: what lessons have we learned? International journal of epidemiology.