- 2015-present Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Florida, USA (expected graduation: December 2020)
- 2010-2014 B.S. in Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Entry date into the POP Ph.D. program: Fall, 2015
- Geriatric pharmacoepidemiology, especially the use and safety of prescription opioids and adjuvant analgesics in older adults.
- Dissertation topic: Utilization, Safety, and Effectiveness of Combined Use of Prescription Gabapentinoids and Opioids in Older Adu
- 2017 May- 2017 Aug Clinical Epidemiology Intern, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, USA
- 2017 Jan-present Graduate Research Assistant, Department ofPharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, USA
- 2015 Aug-2016 Dec Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department ofPharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, USA
- 2013 Dec-2014 Jul Medical Information CommunicationRepresentative (Full-time Paid), Sanofi-Aventis, Oncology Business Unit, Shanghai, China
- 2013 Sept-2013 Oct Regular Affairs Intern, China Food and Drug Administration Pudong Substation, Shanghai, China
- 2020 Jan. Winner of Oral Competition at 33rd UF College of Pharmacy Annual Research Showcase
- 2018 Oct. Outstanding Achievement Award
- 2018 Sept. Nominated for Alec Courtelis Award and Scholarship
- Chen C, Winterstein AG, Fillingim RB, Wei YJ. Body weight, frailty, and chronic pain in older adults: a cross-sectional study. BMC Geriatrics. 2019 May24;19(1):143.
- Wei YJ, Chen C, Fillingim RB, Schmidt SO, Winterstein AG. Trends in prescription opioid use and dose trajectories before opioid usedisorder or overdose in US adults from 2006 to 2016: A cross-sectional study. PLoS Medicine. 2019 Nov 5;16(11): e1002941.
- Wei YJ, Chen C,Schmidt SO, LoCiganic WH, Winterstein AG. Trends in prior receipt of prescription opioid or adjuvant analgesics among patients with incident opioid usedisorder or opioid-related overdose from 2006 to 2016. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2019 Sep 27:107600.
- Wei YJ, Solberg L, Chen C, FillingimRB, Pahor M, DeKosky S, Winterstein AG. Pain Assessments in MDS 3.0: Agreement with Vital Sign Pain Records of Nursing Home Residents. Journalof the American Geriatrics Society. 2019 Aug 12.
- Wei YJ, Chen C, Sarayani A, Schmidt SO, Winterstein AG. Performance of Centers for Medicare andMedicaid Services’ Opioid Overutilization Criteria for Classifying Beneficiaries with Opioid Use Disorder or Overdose. JAMA. 2019 Feb 12;321(6):609-11.