In the midst of conferences shifting to online modules due to the COVID-19 pandemic, researchers from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy’s department of pharmaceutical outcomes and policy, or POP, continue to present their research in national and international conferences. At the upcoming Virtual ISPOR 2020 conference, “HEOR: Advancing Evidence to Action,” the department will feature sessions originally planned for the June 2020 live event in Orlando. The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, or ISPOR, reformatted its annual international conference as a virtual event due to the COVID-19 and will feature accepted abstracts and short courses through an online platform.
POP faculty and trainees will present in one short course, one podium presentation, and seven posters. Abstracts will be published in the Value in Health journal during the summer.
- Introduction to Machine Learning Methods. Wei-Hsuan Lo-Ciganic, Ph.D., Hao Helen Zhang, Ph.D., John Seeger, Pharm.D., Dr.P.H.
- Trends in Healthcare Resource Utilization and Mortality Among Hospitalized Patients with Sickle Cell Disease, 2010-2016. Motomori Lewis, B.S., Ziyan Chen, M.S., Joshua D. Brown, Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.S., Vakaramoko Diaby, Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Association between Dose and Duration Patterns Of Opioid and Benzodiazepine Use and Risk of Overdose among US Medicare Beneficiaries: A Group-Based Multi-Trajectory Model. Wei-Hsuan Lo-Ciganic, Ph.D., Ting Wang, Ph.D., Yong Ge, Ph.D., Bobby L Jones, Ph.D., James L. Huang, Ph.D., Gary Reisfield, M.D., Jeanne K. Lee, Pharm.D., C. Kent Kwoh, M.D., Juan M. Hincapie-Castillo, Pharm.D., Ph.D., P. Chris Delcher, Ph.D., Ching-Yuan Chang, M.S., Debbie Wilson, R.N., Ph.D., Walid F Gellad, M.D., M.P.H.
- Integrating County-Level Health, Human Services, And Criminal Justice Data To Predict Risk Of Opioid Overdose Among Medicaid Beneficiaries: A Machine Learning Approach. Wei-Hsuan Lo-Ciganic, Ph.D., Julie M. Donohue, Ph.D., Eric G. Hulsey, Dr.P.H., Susan Barnes, M.P.H., Yuan Li, MS, Courtney C. Kuza, Ph.D., M.P.H., Qingnan Yang, M.S., Jeanine Buchanich, Ph.D., James L. Huang, Ph.D., Walid F. Gellad, M.D., M.P.H.
- Stroke and thrombotic event associated with concomitant direct oral anticoagulants and antiepileptic drugs in the FDA adverse event reporting system. Sunaga T, Brown J.
- Hepatitis C Testing Among Florida Medicaid Beneficiaries with Substance Use Disorders. Xinyi Jiang, Robert Parker, Ph.D., Scott Martin Vouri, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Weihsuan Lo-Ciganic, Ph.D., Vakaramoko Diaby, Ph.D., Haesuk Park, Ph.D.
- Outpatient Off-Label Gabapentin Utilization From 2011 To 2015 Among United States Adults. Brianna Costales B, Josh Brown, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Amie Goodin, Ph.D.
- Determinants, Trends, And Costs Associated With 30-Day All-Cause Readmission In Children, Adolescents, And Young Adults With Suicidal Ideation Using The Nationwide Readmission Database. Aram Babcock, Pharm.D., Vakaramoko Diaby, Ph.D.
- Changes in Schedule II Oral Opioid Volume Dispensed in a Private Payer Following Florida’s Acute Pain Opioid Restriction Law. Juan M. Hincapie-Castillo, Pharm.D., M.S., Ph.D.; Amie J Goodin Ph.D., M.P.P.; Scott M Vouri PharmD, Ph.D.; Haesuk Park, Ph.D.; Wei-Hsuan Lo-Ciganic, M.S., Pharm.D., M.S., Ph.D.