Soraya Kanakis, PharmD, MS, MHA
- M.S. Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy, with a Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Regulations & Policy, University of Florida
- M.H.A., University of Washington
- Pharm.D., College of Pharmacy, Washington State University (President’s Honor Roll for academic excellence)
Entry Date into the POP PhD program: Fall, 2014
- Clinical and Translational Science
- Drug Safety
- Drug Regulation and Policy
- Regional Scientific Director for immunology, asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, infectious disease at Novartis
- Clinical pharmacist at Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- State of Washington, Medicaid Purchasing Agency and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- 2008 Formulary Review Award, Medicaid Purchasing Administration
- 2007 Above and Beyond Merit Award, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 2006 Tiger Award, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 2002 American College of Healthcare Executives Foster G. McGaw Scholarship
- 2002 Washington State Society Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship
- 2002 Association of University Programs in Health Administration Scholarship Award
- 2002 MHA Alumni Association Scholarship
- 1999-2000 Scholarship Honors Kappa PSI Pharmaceutical Fraternity in Recognition of Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
- 2000 American Pharmaceutical Association-Academy of Students of Pharmacy Mortar & Pestle Professionalism Award
- 1999 President’s Honor Roll at Washington State University
- 1996 Honor Roll and Dean’s List, Oregon State University
- 1996 Academic Honors, Eastern Oregon University
- 1993 – 1996 Dean’s List, Eastern Oregon University
- Kanakis SJ, Hilt R. Primary Care Principles for Child Mental Health. Peer Review. Partnership Access Line Mental Health Consultation Outreach for Children. Seattle Children’s Hospital, 2008.
- Kanakis SJ, Watts C, Leichter S. The business of insulin pumps in diabetes Care: clinical and economic considerations. Clinical Diabetes 2002;20(4):214-216.
- Kanakis SJ, Setter SM. Thiazolidinediones: insulin enhancers for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Washington Pharmacist 1999;41(4):32-39,42.
- Kanakis S, Goodner S, Towle L, Greer C. An Educational Brochure:
- Calcium for the prevention of osteoporosis. A Special Project Created for the Prevention of Osteoporosis for Saint Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute. August 1999.
- Kanakis SJ. Journal Club Review: A randomized placebo-controlled comparative trial of gabapentin and propranolol in essential tremor. The F.I.X. (The Formulary Information Exchange) interPharmacy Forum: a supplement to The Formulary Monograph Service. August 1999.
- Kanakis SJ. Journal Club Review: Diabetic gustatory sweating success-fully treated with topical glycopyrrolate: report of a case and review of the Literature. The F.I.X. (The Formulary Information Exchange) interPharmacy Forum: a supplement to The Formulary Monograph Service. August 1999.
- Kanakis SJ. 1999 phone-a-thon. Washington Pharmacist 1999;41(2):22-3.
- Kanakis SJ. WSU’s college of pharmacy: student focus. Rx Et Cetera: The Official Newsletter of the Washington State Pharmacists Association 1999;28(1):5.
- Kanakis SJ. Tidbits from wsu’s college of pharmacy: student reports. Rx Et Cetera: The Official Newsletter of the Washington State Pharmacists Association 1998; 27(6):3