Rene Soria Saucedo
M.D., University of San Andreas, Bolivia
MPH, Health Administration, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico
Ph.D., Health Services Research, Boston University
- Pharmaceutical policy
- Access to medicines
- Mental health
- Health services research
Over nine years of experience in pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes research and global health. Extensive experience consulting for PAHO, WHO and UNICEF. Healthcare evaluation and performance responsibilities in governmental and nonprofit organizations in Bolivia, Colombia, The Netherlands, Mexico, Switzerland, Peru and Brazil.
- Fellow at Center for the Assessment of Pharmaceutical Practices (CAPP) at Boston University
- Scholarship at the National Institute of Public Health
- Bolivian College of Medicine
- Health Action International Global (HAI)
- National Institute of Public Health México/Public Health School of México (INSP)
- Global Action to Call Against Poverty (GCAP)
- Latin America and Caribbean Network of Health Information Systems (RELACSIS)
- Consumers International (CI)
- Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH)
- Center for the Assessment of Pharmaceutical Practices (CAPP)
- Gabriel D. Shapiro, Austin Lee, PhD, Alan Jette, Jeffrey C. Schneider, MD, Melinda Rossi, Marina Soley-Bory, Molly Marino, Flor Amaya, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Colleen M. Ryan, Lewis E. Kazis. “Factor Structure of the Life Impact Burn Recovery Evaluation Questionnaire (LIBRE-192)” (submitted)
- Marina Soley-Bori, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Colleen M. Ryan, Jeffrey C. Schneider, Alex B. Haynes, Paul Gerrard, Howard Cabral, Lewis Kazis. “Region and Insurance Plan Type Influence Discharge Disposition after Hip and Knee Replacement: Evidence from the Privately Insured U.S .Population” (submitted).
- Omid Ameli; Rene Soria-Saucedo, Eric G. Smith, Howard J. Cabral, Marina Soley Bori, Lewis Kazis. Treatment Augmentation Of Monotherapy In Adult Patients With Major Depressive Disorder: Evidence From Privately Insured U.S. Adults (submitted)
- Rene Soria-Saucedo, Susan Eisen, Howard Cabral, Lewis Kazis. Provider specialty and insurance plan Arrangements: Impact on the treatment of depression among privately insured adults. Journal of Pharmaceuticals Health Services Research (in press)
- Tamar F. Barlam, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Howard J. Cabral, Lewis E. Kazis. The impact of care setting, region, and patient-based factors on antimicrobial prescribing of acute respiratory tract infections in the U.S (submitted)
- Rene Soria-Saucedo; Peng Xu; Jack Newsom; Howard Cabral; Lewis E. Kazis. The role of geography in the assessment of quality: Evidence from the Medicare Advantage Program. PLOS ONE (in press)
- Molly Marino, Marina Soley-Bori, Alan M. Jette, Mary D. Slavin, Colleen M. Ryan, Jeffrey C. Schneider, Amy Acton, Flor Amaya, Melinda Rossi, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Linda Resnik, and Lewis E. Kazis. Measuring the social impact of burns on survivors: Item development according to a validated conceptual framework. The Journal of Burn Care & Research (in press).
- Rene Soria-Saucedo; Heather J. Walter; Mary Jane England; Howard Cabral, Lewis E. Kazis. Does Physicians’ Treatment Of Pediatric Depression Reflect Evidence-Based Practice? Findings from a National Sample of Privately Insured Children and Adolescents. Psychiatric Services (in press).
- Molly Marino; Marina Soley-Bori; Alan M. Jette; Mary Slavin; Colleen M. Ryan; Jeffrey C. Schneider; Resnik, Linda; Amy Acton; Flor Amaya; Melinda Rossi; Rene Soria-Saucedo; Lewis E. Kazis. Development of a Conceptual Framework to Measure the Social Impact of Burns. The Journal of Burn Care & Research (in press).
- Bora Youn, Marina Soley-Bori , Rene Soria-Saucedo, Colleen M. Ryan, Jeffrey C. Schneider, Alex B. Haynes, Howard J. Cabral, Lewis E. Kazis. Patient cost-sharing and insurance arrangements are associated with hospital readmissions after abdominal surgery: Implications for access and quality health care. Surgery. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26477477.
- Peng Xu, James F. Burgess, Jr., Howard Cabral, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Lewis E. Kazis. “Relationships Between Medicare Advantage Contract Characteristics and Quality-of-Care Ratings: An Observational Analysis of Medicare Advantage Star Ratings”. Annals of Internal Medicine. Available at:http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2173504.
- Marina Soley-Bori, Rene Soria-Saucedo, Colleen M. Ryan, Jeffrey C. Schneider, Alex B. Haynes, Paul Gerrard, Howard Cabral, Lewis Kazis. “Functional Status and Hospital Readmissions using the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey”. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Available at: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11606-014-3170-9
- Ledo C, Soria R. Sistema de salud de Bolivia. Salud Publica Mex 2011;53 supl 2:S109-S119. Available at: http://bvs.insp.mx/rsp/_files/File/2011/vol%2053%20suplemento%202/7Bolivia.pdf.