Daniel Zambrano, PharmD, MS
Pharm.D., University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainesville
M.S., Toxicology at University of Florida, Gainesville
B.S., biological sciences, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
- Neuropsychiatry and mental health
- Patient safety and program evaluation
- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine
Daniel Zambrano received his Doctor of Pharmacy and Master’s in Toxicology degrees from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine respectively. He joined the department of pharmaceutical outcomes and policy in May 2015, where he holds the position of post-doctoral fellow.
Zambrano’s post-doctoral work focuses on psychiatric research and academia. His research involvement is on outcomes, policy, and program evaluation for governmental and quality improvement organizations; and has an emphasis on the creation of CMS Inpatient Psychiatry Core Measures. Since 2012, Zambrano has been involved as a study coordinator, researcher, and liaison in a joint research effort in pharmacogenomics research between the University of Florida Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy. The focus of his pharmacogenomics work is on creating a genetic and biological data repository for pediatric patients with congenital heart disease; which is being used in current and future genomic and personalized medicine studies. His involvement in academia takes place in the Colleges of Pharmacy and UF Health at the University of Florida. It focuses on teaching law and ethics were he serves as a class coordinator and lecturer. Additionally, he had teaching responsibilities in the College of Pharmacy department of pharmacotherapy and translational research skills laboratory, pharmacotherapy II class, and interdisciplinary family health experience at UF Health.
Affiliations and Appointments
- Class coordinator and lecturer; pharmacy law and ethics – UF College of Pharmacy
- Faculty facilitator: Interdisciplinary family health experience – UF Health
- UF Health ethics committee member
- Alachua County Association of Pharmacists: Co-chair of public relations and membership executive committees
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists